Tooth loss can lead to a variety of oral health issues. Your remaining teeth may shift to fill in the gaps, creating alignment problems with your bite. Tooth loss can also lead to bone loss in the jaw, which can in turn result in the loss of additional teeth down the road. For these reasons, it is important to replace missing teeth as soon as possible.
Dental bridges are an excellent option to replace your missing teeth. They offer several important benefits, including:
- Restores proper bite function
- Prevents remaining teeth from becoming misaligned
- Restores ability to eat and speak properly
- Improves the appearance of your smile
Burke dentist Dr. Pamela Marzban offers three different options to her dental bridge patients:
- Traditional dental bridges – This is the most common option. It contains an artificial tooth that is secured to your neighboring natural teeth using metal wings. Dental crowns are placed on the neighboring teeth to support the restoration.
- Cantilever bridges – These dental bridges are used when you only have remaining natural teeth on one side of the missing tooth.
- Maryland bonded bridge – Artificial teeth and gums made of plastic are supported by metal. Metal wings are attached to each side of the dental bridge and a strong resin material is used to bond the bridge to your adjacent natural teeth.
If you are missing one or more teeth, visit our dental office in Burke, Virginia to find out if dental bridges are the right option for you.
Please contact Dr. Pamela Marzban today to schedule your dental bridge consultation. We serve patients in Burke, Fairfax, and Fairfax Station, Virginia.