Many children in America get dental cavities, and at very young ages. If you want to protect your child from tooth decay, you can do your part to foster your child’s dental hygiene habits. By the time your child gets his or her first tooth, you should schedule his or her first dental appointment. These appointments allow our dentist, Dr. Pamela Marzban, to give you guidance on children’s dental hygiene.
To help your child prevent dental cavities:
- Reduce the amount of soda, juice and other sweetened beverages your child drinks
- Provide veggies, nut butter or other healthy snacks instead of sugary treats
- Supervise your child’s brushing and flossing to make sure it’s getting done
- Practice good oral hygiene to set a good example for your child
- Bring your child to the dentist for routine exams and cleanings
Even though your child will lose his or her baby teeth, it is essential to your child’s health and wellness to take care of these first teeth. We are committed to providing the patient education you need to know how to clean your child’s teeth and gums effectively.
If you want to help your child achieve optimum oral health and are searching for an experienced family dentist near Fairfax, Fairfax Station and Burke, please contact Pamela Marzban, DDS, to schedule an appointment and to learn more about us.