If you are looking to have your teeth straightened, you may be trying to decide between treatment with Invisalign clear braces and traditional metal braces. These days, many people enjoy the benefits of Invisalign, and for most people traditional braces do not seem very appealing. The benefits of Invisalign include:
- Clear plastic aligners are not very visible–most people will not notice them
- Aligners are removable, so no dietary restrictions
- No special cleaning required
- Smooth aligners are comfortable–no metal to snag on cheek or tongue
- Treatment time equivalent to traditional braces
These benefits are making Invisalign increasingly popular.
However, traditional braces are sometimes required for more complicated orthodontic treatments. In particular, Invisalign is not very good at rotating teeth, so if you have severely rotated teeth, traditional orthodontics may be recommended. Significant bite issues that may be related to TMJ may also not be treatable with Invisalign. Large overbite and alignment issues based on bone abnormalities may also not be treatable with Invisalign.
The only way to learn whether Invisalign or traditional braces are right for you is to talk to a dentist about your treatment options. In Fairfax, Virginia, please contact Family Dentist Dr. Pamela Marzban today for an appointment.