Crooked or misaligned teeth are a nuisance and detract from the image you want to present to the world. That's why many people choose to wear braces for the seven to twelve months it usually takes to gradually move your teeth into alignment. But, for others, braces just don't fit with their lifestyle or needs. Dr. Pamela Marzban offers an alternative to traditional metal braces with Invisalign®.
Invisalign involves a system of smooth, clear, and comfortable plastic aligners that gently and slowly push your teeth into the desired position, just like braces. But, unlike braces, the aligners are easily removable, which makes eating, brushing, and flossing much easier. While using Invisalign®, maintain a good dental hygiene routine:
- Brush for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Consider using a non-alcoholic mouthwash.
- Avoid sugary foods (candies, snacks) and drinks (sports drinks, sodas, even juices)
- To keep the aligners themselves clean, you can purchase a cleansing system with special cleaning crystals that remove plaque
- you can also simply brush and rinse your aligners under lukewarm water.
If you follow these tips, you'll be able to keep your teeth clean and healthy, allowing your mouth to be in the best condition possible for the Invisalign® system to work.
You don’t have to live with crooked or misaligned teeth. If you're interested in Invisalign® as an alternative to braces, contact Dr. Pamela Marzban at 703-349-4277 to schedule an appointment with a highly-experienced cosmetic dentist. Dr. Marzban serves clients in Fairfax, Burke, and the greater Washington DC area.