The five most common TMJ symptoms are:
- Clicking, popping, or grinding noises in the jaw
- Jaw pain
- Jaw swelling
- Limited jaw mobility/lockjaw
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and live in or around Burke, Virginia, please call Dr. Pamela Marzban at 703-323-8200 to schedule a TMJ treatment evaluation.
TMJ treatment focuses on restoring alignment to the jaw. To accomplish this, Dr. Marzban may suggest a combination of treatments including:
- Muscle relaxation through TENS therapy
- Customized mouthguards to relax and retrain jaw muscles
- Dental restorations to address bite irregularities
- Jaw relaxation and strengthening exercises
The best way to learn which TMJ treatment options are right for your needs is through a one-on-one consultation at our conveniently located Burke office.
When headaches are caused by TMJ, neuromuscular treatments that address the underlying problem offer the most effective and lasting relief. If you have been dissatisfied with previous headache treatments, Dr. Marzban can evaluate your jaw alignment to determine if TMJ is present and provide you with treatments that produce the long-term relief you deserve.
To schedule your TMJ treatment evaluation at our Burke, Virginia office, please contact Pamela Marzban, DDS today.