Due to the many benefits of dental implants, which include a more permanent restoration and improved comfort, this procedure has become the preferred tooth replacement option among dentists across the country. However, the dental implant process is somewhat complex and it's important to work with the right implant dentist who can deliver the exceptional results you desire. When making such an important decision, you will want to do your homework and research potential dentists in advance.
The following tips will help you as you start your search for an implant dentist:
- Experience matters — Dental implant placement is a multi-step process that can take more than 6 months to complete. There are also factors impacting dental implant candidacy such as the bone density in your jaw which need to be evaluated before moving forward with the procedure. It's important to work with an implant dentist who has the extensive experience necessary to achieve excellent results. Make sure you ask your potential dentist how often they perform dental implant procedures.
- Ask for referrals — Your general dentist can be a great resource when searching for an implant dentist to replace your missing tooth. Ask your dentist for a few recommendations of implant dentists in your area who are highly skilled and experienced in performing this procedure.
- Technology — The use of advanced dental technology such as intraoral cameras and dental lasers can significantly improve the comfort and precision of your dental implant procedure. Make sure your implant dentist is committed to using state-of-the-art technology with your procedure.
- Implant options — There are more dental implant options than ever before to replace your missing teeth. Even if you aren't a suitable candidate for traditional dental implants, you may be able to benefit from mini dental implants, All-on-Four implants, or implant-supported dentures. Choosing a dentist who offers a wide range of dental implant options will ensure that your unique needs can be met.
- Financing options — High quality dental work doesn't come at bargain prices. Dental implants are the most effective tooth replacement option, but they are also one of the more expensive options. Make sure your implant dentist offers a variety of financing options to ensure your procedure fits into your budget.
Dr. Marzban has extensive experience performing dental implant procedures in the Fairfax Station area. She performs both the implant placement and the creation of your prosthetic tooth, providing you with the added convenience associated with having the entire procedure performed in one office. You can learn about your dental implant options by visiting Dr. Marzban for an in-person consultation.
Please contact Dr. Pamela Marzban using the form on this page or call 703-349-4277 today to schedule your dental implant consultation. We serve patients in Fairfax Station, Burke, and throughout Northern Virginia.