Keeping your family’s teeth healthy is important. Dental problems can lead to mouth pain, infection and tooth damage. One of the best ways to prevent these dental problems is to have great dental hygiene habits.
To keep your gums, teeth and other oral tissues healthy, you should:
- Visit our family dentist Dr. Pamela Marzban for routine cleanings and exams
- Brush twice a day, floss once a day
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Throw out your toothbrush every two to three months
- Rinse your mouth out or chew gum after eating
- Avoid eating sugary foods and beverages
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
When you brush your teeth, use only gentle pressure and hold the brush at a 45 degree angle to your teeth, moving in circular motions. Throwing away your toothbrush every few months is a good idea because bacteria accumulates on the brush, and the bristles become worn and less effective.
During your routine family dentistry visits, we’ll make sure everyone in your family knows the best ways to care for their teeth and gums. Strong, healthy teeth ensure proper tooth function and a pain-free mouth.
For friendly, effective family dentistry in Burke, please contact Dr. Pamela Marzban, DDS, to learn more about us and to schedule an appointment.