If you need to replace one or more missing teeth, no option provides a more effective solution than dental implants. For this reason, Dr. Marzban strongly recommends dental implants as her preferred tooth replacement option for all patients who are suitable candidates.
The most important benefit of dental implants is that they are the only option that replaces both your missing tooth and missing root. This is crucial because when you fail to replace the missing root, you face an increased risk of bone deterioration over time. This can lead to future tooth loss.
In addition, dental implants offer you several other important benefits, including:
- Permanent restoration that remains securely in place
- Highly durable restoration that can withstand even the strongest chewing forces
- Looks like your natural tooth and will blend in seamlessly with your smile
- Prevents neighboring teeth from shifting to fill the space left by your missing tooth
- Promotes strong, healthy jaw bone structure
- Eliminates slippage associated with alternatives such as dentures, ensuring you can chew and speak normally
- Doesn't require the use of neighboring teeth for support like alternatives such as dental bridges do
- When properly cared for, they can last the rest of your life
During your initial visit, Dr. Marzban will carefully examine the health of your teeth, gums and jaw bone structure to determine whether you are a good dental implant candidate. She will then make individualized treatment recommendations based on your unique oral health needs.
If you need to replace a missing tooth, please contact Dr. Pamela Marzban using the form on this page or call 703-323-8200 today to schedule your dental implant consultation. We serve patients in Burke, Fairfax, Fairfax Station, West Springfield, and throughout Northern Virginia.