It’s never too early to start taking care of your child’s teeth and gums. Tooth decay can occur shortly after their teeth develop, making it crucial that you set them up with good oral health habits right away. Bringing your child to the dentist at a young age can provide many important benefits, including:
- Creates good oral health habits that can last a lifetime
- Helps your child feel comfortable in the dentist’s office
- Reduces fear and anxiety associated with future dental visits due to this increased comfort
The American Academy of Dentistry recommends that children should visit the dentist approximately six months after their first tooth appears, and no later than their first birthday. Dr. Marzban recommends that these first dental visits be made with a pediatric specialist who can cater to the oral health needs of very young children. Dr. Marzban typically starts caring for children when they are about 3 years old. After this, she will provide your child with the same exceptional quality dental care that you and the rest of your family have come to expect.
Dr. Marzban offers a wide range of family dentistry services to accommodate the needs of everyone in your family, including your children. She understands that different life stages are associated with different oral health needs, and she has the extensive background necessary to handle all of these varied needs.
During your child’s first dental visit, Dr. Marzban will evaluate the health of their teeth and gums. She will also discuss the following important children’s dental hygiene issues with you:
- The proper way to care for your child’s teeth and gums in between checkups
- When your child needs to start fluoride treatments
- What to do when your child is teething
- When to ween your child off of a pacifier
- How to prevent your child from sucking their thumb
You can learn more about the extensive family dentistry services we offer by speaking with Dr. Marzban and our experienced team. We look forward to providing you with all the tools you need to help your child maintain healthy teeth and gums for years to come.
Please contact Dr. Pamela Marzban using the form on this page or call 703-349-4277 today to schedule your child’s first dental appointment. We serve patients in Fairfax Station, Burke, and the surrounding areas of Northern Virginia.